“Belief” Prize awarding ceremony
based on the results of the Fourth Moscow International Festival of Art “Traditions and Contemporaneity”
On May 26, 2010 at the “Belief” Prize awarding ceremony that took place in the Great Hall of the Central House of Writers the winners of the IV Moscow International Festival "Traditions and Contemporaneity" were announced. The Festival took place on 20-24 May at the International Exhibition Center “Crocus Expo”. 18 prizes were awarded in 6 directions: painting, graphics, sculpture, photography, applied arts and museum business.
List of persons who presented the Award:
- Avtonomova Natalia Borisovna - director of the personal collections department at the State Museum of Art named after A.S.Pushkin
- Budraitis Juozas - Advisor for Culture at the Lithuanian Embassy in the Russian Federation
- Vasilieva Svetlana – President of «Russian Teddy Style» company, Head of the charity project "Teddy bears with Stars"
- Esipovskaya Olga Borisovna – Advisor on special projects of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation Chairman Mironov Sergey Mikhailovich
- Zelukina Tatyana Sergeevna - keeper of the «Property of nationalities» Fund at the State Tretyakov Gallery
- Êamysheva Tatiana Borisovna – Deputy head of Culture department of Rossotrudnichestvo
- Êarpov Victor Semenovich – President of International Art Foundation
- Kiseleva Vera Nikolaevna – organizer of the Festival, the President of the Moscow Social Foundation for culture support and contemporary art development.
- Kovalchuk Yulia - singer
- Êroll Anatoly Osherovich – People’s artist of Russia, jazz conductor, pianist, composer
- Marts Lyudmila Viktorovna – Head of the sculpture department of XX – beg. XXI centuries at the State Tretyakov Gallery, correspondent member of the Russian Academy of Arts
- Petrescu George – UNESCO expert
- Polad Bul-Bul ogly – Ambassador of Azerbaijan in the Russian Federation
- Salahov Tair Tejmurovich – People’s artist of the USSR, Russia and Azerbaijan, winner of state awards of the USSR and Azerbaijan, Vice-president of the Russian Academy of Arts, Hero of the socialist labor
- Shinkaruk Vyacheslav Evgenievich – Head of the information service of “Doverie” TV-channel
Awards and prizes of the Festival remark not only talented artists, but also the sponsors and patrons, prominent politicians and public figures who have contributed to the development and support of modern culture. The “Belief” award was presented to the Chairman of the Federation Council Sergey Mikhailovich Mironov “For support and development of culture in Russia and invaluable contribution to the organization and holding of the Fourth Moscow International Festival of art "Traditions and Contemporaneity".
From his side Mr. Mironov established special prizes "For selfless work to find and support talented artists in Russia and abroad, for contribution to art and work for the benefit of society" which during the ceremony were presented to the organizer of the Festival, President of the Moscow Social Foundation for culture support and contemporary art development V.N. Kiseleva and Chairman of the International Jury T.T. Salakhov by the Adviser on special projects of the Federation Council Chairman O.B. Esipovskaya.
Famous actor, People’s Artist of Russia Dmitry Charatian and young Maria Kiseleva (Creative Centre "Ecole") were the hosts of the ceremony. The ceremony was accompanied by performances of renowned artists such as: the orchestra of the “Academic Band” Orchestra, music director and conductor Anatoly Kroll, pianist Oleg Kroll, jazz singers Juliana Rogacheva, Olga Sinyaeva, Armine Sarkisian, guitarist Alexei Kuznetsov, a Russian-American pianist and composer Valery Grokhovsky, singers Julia Kovalchuk and Elena Terleeva.
A charity campaign, timed to the Day of the protection of children, in favor of children in orphanages, boarding schools, children with disabilities was held in the framework of the ceremony. All children attending the ceremony received gifts and special prizes from our partners: OOO NCP "Poteshniy promysel", OJSC “Zvezda”, LLC “Union of toy manufacturers”, IP “Tarasov”, LLC “Smolensk toys”, toy factory “Magical World” .
Children ensemble “Neposedy”, music and dance groups of the boarding school ¹ 49 named after G.I. Rossolimo, Orthodox school "Images", school ¹ 446 with in-depth study of ecology greeted all the winners and guests of the ceremony with their music and dance performances.
The broadcast of “Belief” awarding ceremony can be watched on 12 June at 18.00 on “Stolitsa” TV-channel.