On January, 29, 2009 in the "Interfax" news agency the Moscow Social Fund for culture support and modern art development gave a press-conference “The Moscow International Festival of Arts “Traditions and Contemporaneity”. Special Projects of the III Festival”.
The members of the conference:
1. Mitrofanova Eleonora Valentinovna – the Contemporary Representative of the Russian Federation for UNESCO;
2. Rudnev Jury Nikolaevich – the Chief of the Department for culture and mass events at the Moscow Government;
3. Madam De Buard Galina – the representative of Pierre Cardin in Moscow, the head of the Moscow “Maxims club”;
4. Novgorodsky Andrey Valerjevich – the President of the National Ship-owners Association;
5. Pchelnikova Svetlana – the head of the special project “Dolls of the World at Manezh”;
6. Chujkova Elena Vladimirovna – the head of the special project "Artist-dissident V. Petrov-Gladky";
7. Konkin Ilja Nikolaevich – the President of the Fund “Filantrop” ("Philanthropist");
8. Kiseleva Vera Nikolaevna- the President of the Moscow Social Fund for culture support and modern art development.
The press-conference was opened by the president of the Fund – Vera Kiseleva. She told how the idea of the Festival creation appeared, about its purposes and development, about plans and projects for the near future. The speech of V.N. Kiseleva was supported by Eleonora Mitrofanova. She emphasized the scale of the Festival, its international importance. The Festival, uniting for already the third time participants from more than 20 countries, plays a great role, helps people of different cultures and nations meet. The participation of Pierre Cardin as an honorary member of the jury at the Festival will let attract even more attention in this immense event.
On behalf of the Moscow Government Jury Rudnev, the Chief of the Department for culture and mass events at the Moscow Government, spoke. He told that the Festival is supported by the authorities, paying attention to the importance of this international forum in the cultural life of Moscow. At the Festival great attention was always given to socially oriented projects. The year of 2009 will not be an exception. The organizers of the Festival decided to allocate on a gratuitous basis the area to make exhibition stands for disabled artists. The charitable auction has already become a tradition, profits from it let help children with oncological diseases.
The Festival "Traditions and Contemporaneity" for the first time took place in 2007. Within the Festival a professional award in the field of the fine arts "Vera" (“Belief”) was founded. In 2009 the award will be given in 28 nominations in eight fields of art, two of which - museum business and architecture – were announced for the first time this year. Special prizes and the prize of audience liking will also be given. The prize represents a figurine by hands turned from an integral stone, decorated with bronze and rock crystal. Its author is Mitroshin Victor Fedorovich, the distinguished Russian artist from Chelyabinsk.
«Every year the Festival grows. Even now during these tough times, in the conditions of world financial crisis we will carry out the Festival, it will necessarily take place", - Vera Kiseleva said, summing up the press-conference. “Extending the application terms for the participants till March, 31, 2009 we give extra possibilities for all those willing to participate and to get a chance to win the bronze "Vera" (“Belief”).