The Second Moscow International Festival of Art «Traditions & Contemporaneity»
The Second Moscow International Festival of Art «Traditions & Contemporaneity» will open its door for everyone on March 07 to 11, 2008, in the Central Exhibition Hall “Manezh”.
The awarding ceremony of the bronze figurine “Vera”, the first award in the field of fine arts will be on March 13, 2008.
THE IDEA OF THE FESTIVAL - To draw nearer the art of different countries and peoples, to present the original works of art which reflect colors and national traditions, to show all palette of the world art, to collect all tendencies and directions of modern culture in one exhibition space..
THE AIM OF THE FESTIVAL - Support of talented artists, not only famous but also beginning young painters, as well as revelation of the new names in modern art..
THE MAIN DIFFERENCE OF THE SECOND FESTIVAL FROM THE FIRST ONE - is increasing scale of event. The quantity of the countries and Russian regions will grow. Two floors of “Manezh” will be given for conducting this Festival. The quantity of nominations will increase. There were 14 nominations on the last Festival. In 2008 it will be 21 nominations. The winners of the Festival will demonstrate their works at the exhibitions of France, Belgium, Austria, Luxembourg, Germany, Hungary, Latin America, Egypt and Cyprus..
THE MAIN AWARD OF THE FESTIVAL OF ART - the bronze figurine “Vera” – the FIRST award in the field of fine arts. The award symbolizes faith in creativity, love and success, in everything important for creative process. The figurine was made by Victor Mitroshin, the honored artist of Russia and the author of many Russian and foreign prizes.
The award is bestowed in 21 nominations in six directions of art:
1. For the preservation of traditions in contemporary painting
2. For the originality of handwriting and the individuality of style
3. For the unrepeatable national identity
4. For the abstract deepness and associational counterpoint
5. For the rebirth of historic traditions and national consciousness
6. For originality of the ideas and uniqueness of the authorship
7. For the conformity of the chosen techniques to the art world reception
8. For industry and professionalism
9. For successful treatment of form and scope in space
10. For experiments in creation of form
11. For the best use of properties of the material
12. For the sharpness of seeing and discipline of thought
13. For multidimensionality of image and sense
14. For love to surrounding reality
15. For aesthetics in contents and form
16. For innovative experiment and newness of composition
17. For the wholeness of idea and successful incarnation
18. For a bright distinctness
19. Non-conventional application of known materials
20. For the freshness of a look (young talents)
21. For a long creative life and faithfulness to art